Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend







Mother's Day weekend was spent with Mark's parents, who came for their first visit from Virginia. We had a great time...the weather on Saturday was perfect. We visited a nearby town for an International Arts Festival, where they had not only arts tents, but also music provided by musicians from different countries, as well as dances and reenactments. Of course, any time there's a fair or festival, there's wonderful aromas floating on the breeze. We strolled, shopped and munched on kettle corn, listening to the festive music in the background. Sunday was spent at church and relaxing, as the weather was quite the opposite of the day before....cold, windy and rainy. But I received calls from both my sweet boys, which just made the day perfect; and I cuddled and baked cookies with Alysa. Couldn't ask for more.

3 comments:

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

I MISS YOU! Tell Mark I thought I could see some wrinkles from his pictures.....I hope he gets to feeling better. Tell my sweetheart..she is the most beautiful butterfly I have ever seen. And tell my friend Stacy....I LOVER HER

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

Not I lover her...but love her. haha....anyhow, you are too sweet. Life....good grief. Anyhow...

gwen said...

Thanks for the comment, Stacy. I LOVE your blog, too!