Thursday, November 20, 2008

What's Going On

For the past 2 weeks I have been running, running, running. I know my life these days are typical days for a lot of you. But I come dragging in every evening totally exhausted! I will be so happy when the house is finished and we arefinally moved in.....for a number of reasons. First of all, because, well, we'll be living in our new home. We've been so excited watching the progress from the dirt pad to what it is today. And after renting for these past 8 months, it will be nice to see our money going towards owning. And I'm ready to get all the boxes unpacked and everything put in its place. I will say I think I've done rather well living with no decorative items, nothing on the walls, just the necessities, while all my "stuff" is still sitting in boxes right where we dropped them the day we moved in. Yikes! Those of you who know me, know this would normally make me go absolutely mad. And, I will be glad for life to slow down a bit and get back into a routine, where I clean on certain days, cook real meals and have a little more structure to my time. Right now I'm spending most of my time in my car, which I now call my "mobile office". I have run more errands, organized birthday parties, conducted "house" business, made dentist appointments, handled my church callings, checked in on friends and family, and on and on and on. I don't know what I would do without my Palm Treo - which I LOVE. We don't even have a home phone anymore because it just wasn't being used. In case you're interested, our target move-in date is December 15th. Yes, right in the middle of the Christmas holiday hustle and bustle, we will be packing, loading, moving, unpacking and putting away everything we own (except a number of items I fully expect to "get lost" or just plain do away with because I don't want to deal with it anymore), working around Alysa's school and activity schedule, Christmas shopping and mailing, holiday decorating...just a little, and possibly working part time for Mark (I know what you're thinking). After all of this, though, I have to say I am SO thankful for my life, hectic as it may be, my family, my friends, my surroundings, my health, the opportunity to build a home we never dreamed we'd ever own, and many more blessings I thank the Lord for every day. Life is a joy.

No comments: