Monday, May 11, 2009
What a Happy Mothers Day
This is how my Mothers Day weekend went.....Saturday morning Mark and Alysa went "mommy" shopping. They came back with a dozen beautiful pink/peach colored roses, which I promptly put in a vase and water. Alysa found the perfect place for them on the table in front of the kitchen windows . Later that afternoon, she went to a local arts fair with a friend while Mark and I did housework, researched cars and did yard work. It looks beautiful! Sunday morning, I woke up to sunshine streaming in through my window. I was promptly handed 2 beautiful cards - one from Mark and one from Alysa. Alysa's card had a recording of her telling me she loved me and that I was the bestest, greatest mommy in the world, followed by a kiss. We all went to church and then returned home to find I'd received calls from Perry and Wes (which I returned) and to have a deliciously grilled steak, very tasty salad and rolls, which we ate on the back deck where we enjoyed the sounds of the birds and the stream peacefully flowing. We later went on a bike ride through the neighborhood (I love riding my bike!), visited with neighbors and then came home so Alysa and Mark could wash my car. We capped off the day by hanging out at our friends, the Jasinskis, and playing an exciting game of Hand and Foot. It was one of the most enjoyable and relaxing days I've spent in a long time. I love my family so much and I am so grateful to have 2 grown boys who don't forget me, who still call me mommy and seem to appreciate my role as a parent more now than they did when they were younger. And I'm grateful, too, to have Alysa around to miss me while she's at school, to give me tons of hugs and kisses and to be my best gal. Plus, I have the best husband - so thoughtful, sincere and humorous! I'm so wonderfully blessed and so grateful for a Father in Heaven who has provided all these blessings, and the atoning sacrifice of my Savior and the gifts his life and death has afforded us all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you had a great day! Glad to hear that your family spoiled you, which is just the way it should be. =)
Post a Comment