Sunday, June 21, 2009

Out With the Old....and In With the New

Well, here it is.....the long-awaited new car. Our original plans were to get to Kentucky, get settled and then start car-hunting. Since we decided to build, getting settled took longer than expected, thus delaying the new car purchase. But, alas, it finally happened. After selling my Mazda 626 and getting into the Toyota Highlander, I thought I'd never drive a car again. But this baby is so powerful, it is a total BLAST to drive! I can't wait to get in it every day. Plus, it's loaded with all the amenities and has plenty of room. We cleaned up the Highlander and put it out in front of Marks' office......2 days later, it was SOLD and gone. When things happen like that, I'm convinced the Lord is handling it and I am SOOOOO grateful. I haven't decided on a name for my new baby yet, but I'm taking suggestions..... :'D

2 comments:

Carolina girl said...

A VolksWagon, huh? I bet that thing gets crazy good gas mileage. Very smart choice with this economy and gas prices going up again.

Stacy James said...

Yes, I've been checking my mileage every time I fill up and I'm getting just over 32 around town. It's supposed to get 40+ on the highway. Road trip!!