I know I haven't posted in quite a while. But to be honest, I just haven't been in the mood to blog. I know that sounds snooty and I don't mean it that way. I just have lacked the energy and the desire to sit at the computer for any length of time, upload pictures, type explanations, etc. I still don't feel up to it now, but I had to upload pictures for other purposes. So I figured I might as well go ahead and catch up.
- My mom came back from her mission in California. Rather than go to Texas and then back to Kentucky to visit, she flew to Kentucky first and I took her home a couple of weeks later. These are some pics of SOME of the fun things we did while she was here.
- The first full day she was here, Alysa sweet talked her into the kitchen where they made a batch of yummy home made chocolate pudding (one of my moms' specialties). It was very tasty, but has proved to be "death by chocolate" for me as I seem to have developed an addiction to it - especially with the cooler weather.
- Our new Chik-fil-a had a game day where if you wear your favorite team shirt, you get a free chicken sandwich. Needless to say, we all dressed accordingly and had lunch on the house. Chik-fil-a is one of my moms' favorite places to dine, so of course we had to make this a memorable experience.
- I took mom back to Texas on a Thursday and the next day was Grandparents Day at the school where my g-baby, Skylar, attends. Her Mi-Mi and myself were treated to a fun time at the park, a Subway lunch and a special cake just for the grandparents.

- This is a cute pic I snapped of my precious g-babies when we were getting my mom settled back in to her old room (she's living temporarily with a friend - her apartment will be ready at the end of the month).
They are just too cute for words!!!
- The following Saturday, my niece, Randi, had a baby shower. She is expecting a little girl she will name Jacey (not sure if I spelled that right) in November. Bless her heart....doesn't she look miserable?

- The following day we all attended church with my mom. It was so nice being together at church and getting to see so many people I haven't seen in so long. Afterwards, we met up with more family and had lunch at a favorite local mexican restaurant. This is a cute pic of my sister and her new beau. Aren't they cute?
Here are some more shots, around the table........
2 comments:
Thanks for catching us up......LOVE YOU LOTS! I really miss you lots and lots tonight. I wish you were here...if you were, I would jump in my car and head your way.
This is the deal......I also loved seeing your sister who looks so happy with her new beau.
Post a Comment