Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Blessings

I simply must talk about some of the things I am greatful for. Let me start with my honey.....he truly does try in every way he possibly can to make me happy. He works so hard and asks for very little in return, just for me to be happy. He's more than wonderful. Of course, my children and grandchildren are next. They all complete my world. I couldn't imagine life without any one of them. A good day is when the weather is beautiful and I have my husband and Alysa by my side and my two boys call and tell me they love me. What more could I ask for, now really? I'm so thankful to live in this beautiful place. At one time I I was determined I would, at some time in my life, end up back in Texas. But I must honestly say now that I hope I don't. I love Kentucky that much. The weather has been fantastically beautiful. After coming from "hell's back door" - at least that's the way it felt because of the heat and humidity - I feel like I'm being "rewarded" for suffering through those 10 years. I also feel so blessed to be able to be a stay-at-home mom. I would like to have had this pleasure when my boys were growing up. But having it now means so much to me. To know the Lord knows me, all of us, so much better than we know ourselves and what's best for us, and blesses us accordingly, even to the exceeding of our own desires and expectations, means everything to me. I see evidences of this every single day. Of course, these are just a few of the many, many blessings in my life. But I would feel so ungreatful if I didn't share my gratitude.

1 comment:

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

WHere are where is my dear friend Stacy. I miss her so. I wish she were in town....there is so much to talk about and so little time to talk. We have to catch up. I just hate talking over the phone.....can't you fly down here for a weekend with Vicki.