
This past weekend, Mark, Alysa and I headed off for Reliance, TN for some outdoor fun. We met 2 other couples at a campground there and did a rafting trip down the Hiwassee River. Although we had a cabin rented (and I use the term "cabin" loosely) Alysa really wanted to stay in the tent. So she and Mark pitched the tent and we spent our 2 nights in sleeping bags, which I truly did not mind....especially after seeing the illusive "cabin" - complete with live mice. OK, to be fair, there was only 1 mouse that we actually saw. But I'm a firm believer that where there's one, there's at least another.....of ANYTHING. The worst part of sleeping outdoors was waking up in the middle of the night because I had to make a trip to the toilie. I didn't want to tromp up the stairs, open the noisy door and trek through the "cabin" and wake up the couple sleeping inside (the other couple opted for the tent too). So the only other choice was.....you guessed it. This happened both nights we were there, only the 2nd night, I had to go twice!! This caused me great distress, worrying about how to remedy this problem. So, needless to say, I had some pretty restless nights. But the rafting trip was great. Alysa had a terrific time....although it wasn't quite exciting enough for her - she wanted more of the "rapids"....maybe next trip. After leaving the Hiwassee on Sunday, we drove to Bald Water Falls, where we saw this beautiful waterfall. We got out and climbed around on the rocks and waded in the water. It was a very pleasant weekend getaway. Only thing that would have made it perfect would have been to have the rest of our family there (Wes, Wendy and the kiddos and Perry). Still, lots of fun!
1 comment:
OR your great friend Vicki there to camp with you guys. OH Stacy, this sounded like so much fun. I miss you so much. I am taking the kids to Alabama for my birthday weekend to Orange beach. After that....You are the next trip. By the way, your car is wonderful. I have been looking at Volkswagens and I think that will be my next purchase as well. Just not a car, something alittle bigger. :)
Post a Comment