
* Alysa pulled another tooth, after much fretting. She didn't want another hole. I think she's adorable either way, of course. She's growing up so fast! I can't believe she'll be in 4th grade when school starts, which is only 2 weeks away!! Her teen years are right around the corner.....I think we've already started seeing previews of what those days might be like. But she's still such a sweetie.........I do hope it lasts!

* We took a hike!! We spent a Saturday hiking up a trail in a nearby town called Berea . This is from the west lookout. It was a beautiful view, but the hike itself wasnt' all that great. I've done better anyway. But we did have fun and spent the day doing something other than hanging around the house. After the hike, we had some very tasty pizza at a local spot called Popalino's then later went on an awesome bike ride around the neighborhood. Whew!! We were pretty tired after all that.

* Said goodbye to one of our favorite missionaries, Elder Crump (on the left). He's going north to finish out the last 4 months of his mission. But he and his parents will be back for a visit in December. Good luck, Elder Crump! We will miss you!

* Went to Clean Water U in Mississippi and made some new friends. These are my classmates in the 102 program.....the one where we learn to "teach the teachers" who will then teach the rest of the community all about using clean water and washing your hands. You might think those are things that would be a given in the world today. But, sadly, there are thousands of children dying everyday from the lack of clean water to drink and disintary (spelled incorrectly, I know). Our plan is to take a mission trip to the Yucutan next summer, where Mark will teach them to install and maintain a water filtration system and I will teach the educational information. Pray for these people and those just like them in other under developed countries. It is beyond amazing the poverty and sickness that has become a part of everyday life for them.

* We celebrated Marks' 46th birthday. He is posing here with his look alike pinata that Alysa and her friend, Savanna made. It took them 3 days (about 8 hours) to complete. Quite a resemblance, don't you think? It also has a bald spot in the back!! That's where they loaded it with candy....hahahaha! Happy Birthday, Babe.....I love ya!!
1 comment:
I love Mark's look-a-like pinata! It looks just like him! HA! How awesome that Alysa made it for him. What a sweet, and crafty, girl she is!
Post a Comment