I can't believe it! It's finally time for Perry to come back from Iraq!! He's been there for seven months, which means we've been in Kentucky for seven months!! This coming Sunday, we will be traveling to North Carolina, where Perry and the others from 3-6 will land on US soil around 11 a.m the following day (27th). I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!! He has already requested to eat at Chili's (his favorite restaurant) for dinner. Of course I told him we could go anywhere he wanted to! So far, his plans are to leave for Lake Charles, LA around November 15 to work in the recruiting office for a month. Then back to NC for a short time and then, hopefully, he'll get a Christmas leave. Naturally, I want him to come to Kentucky to see his mommy. We'll see....which reminds me.....I've been very sad that Wes and Wendy and the babies aren't going to get to come at Christmas like I was hoping. I've tried to be very strong about this, as I've never been away from my boys at Christmas. Times, they are a changin', and my babies are growing up. Not being with my family during this special time of year is going to be the hardest thing about living here. Sigh.Monday, October 20, 2008
Best and Worst of Times
I can't believe it! It's finally time for Perry to come back from Iraq!! He's been there for seven months, which means we've been in Kentucky for seven months!! This coming Sunday, we will be traveling to North Carolina, where Perry and the others from 3-6 will land on US soil around 11 a.m the following day (27th). I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!! He has already requested to eat at Chili's (his favorite restaurant) for dinner. Of course I told him we could go anywhere he wanted to! So far, his plans are to leave for Lake Charles, LA around November 15 to work in the recruiting office for a month. Then back to NC for a short time and then, hopefully, he'll get a Christmas leave. Naturally, I want him to come to Kentucky to see his mommy. We'll see....which reminds me.....I've been very sad that Wes and Wendy and the babies aren't going to get to come at Christmas like I was hoping. I've tried to be very strong about this, as I've never been away from my boys at Christmas. Times, they are a changin', and my babies are growing up. Not being with my family during this special time of year is going to be the hardest thing about living here. Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment